Friday, May 8, 2009

Dear MR. Employer and economy

I have a little boy that is setting in his bed with stomach cramps from the virus he had yesterday wishing that his mom could stay home with him today. At 8 years old there are not very many moments left when he will look at his mommy and say "Can you stay with me?"

Dear Mr. Employer and Economy, do you know what I had to tell him?

Mr. Employer, you do, since I am sitting at my desk typing right now.

Due to being on bed rest for a week and having to miss a few extra days for sickness for son or Dr. appointments I am out of paid time off.

Due to the crappy economy I can neither afford nor feel comfortable staying at home lest my great sales job be in danger and I may not be able to find another one as I am 5 months pregnant.

So here I set PISSED OFF. I bet I get a whole ton of work done today, what do you think? Me neither, my guess is that I sit here and blog all damn day and call my son every 20 minutes. The jokes on you.

7 comments:

Teresa & Connie said...

That is horrible and here's proof that work gets in the way of absolutely everything. I'm so sorry mama. I hope your boy is feeling better fast!

looking4#3 said...

So sorry your little one is sick. I hope he gets better soon!!! Working outside the home sucks!!! I remember days having to send my daughter to the babysitters b/c I couldn't take time off!!! OH--the "Mommy guilt!!"
HAVE A VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Morgan Owens said...

LOL, that cracked me up kinda but really it's not funny..and it does suck with this economy that we can't even take off without worrying about the money loss. Hope your little one gets better soon!

Lola said...

Well, I guess I haven't been around for a long time. I had no idea you were pregnant. Congrats on that, girl!!!!!

I thought you gave up blogging. Glad you didn't, and I hope your boy is all better.

Anonymous said...

Ouch. That just hits you right in the gut. :( Bastards!

looking4#3 said...

Checking in on you. Hope everything is ok!!!!!

looking4#3 said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog!!! I was getting worried about you!!
I think the "magic" is pretty awesome too!! Can't wait to meet him/her!!!
As for the MIL, I am looking to wait AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. Ya think I can wait til--oh I don't know---he/she graduates from college?? She made my pregnancy with my son a living hell, so I am not looking forward to what kind of drama she will create this time!!! Should be another adventure.