Thursday, February 25, 2010

This Butts for you.

I am sitting at my desk sleepily grazing through google reader when the phone rings.

"*Bobo's insurance company, how can I help you?"

Client: "I need to blah blah blah. And Could you hootie hootie blah blah"

I am kinda zoning back into google at this point. Sorry but we all do it occasionally and my boss walks by and asks:

"Is that Jim Beam?"

I silently mouthed yes and nodded my head.

"Will you ask him if he found my butt plate?"



Blink



"Mr. Beam, could you please hold on a second?"

"Ummm", I stammered. "Would you like to talk to him?"

"No. Just ask him."

"I, uh, Mr. Bobo..

Damn! He went into his office and shut the door.

I take a deep breath and pick up the phone.

"Mr Beam?"

"Yes?"

"Did you uh, happen to uh,"

Another deep breath

"Did you find Mr. Bobo's **butt plate"?

"Oh yeah. I was supposed to bring that when I brought the gun", he chuckled.

"Tell him don't worry that I will bring it".

"OK, Well is there anything else I could do for you today?"

"No mam, thank you for your time"

So I get up and go to his office to deliver the message.

I also now know what a butt plate is.

It's not near as embarrassing as it sounds but it is still very awkward to ask a client.

*Also all the names have been changed to protect the innocent AND for my amusement. Wouldn't it be funny to have a boss named Mr. Bobo? Almost as funny as the word butt plate.

**Google it.

No comments: