Friday, March 7, 2008

Daisy May


I got E a puppy for Christmas. He wanted a yellow lab (like the cottenelle dog). Well I looked and looked and there were none to be found. Did I mention we live in a very small town? A week before Christmas I got a phone call from our animal shelter saying they had just picked up a mother and 5 lab-mix puppies, get this, ALL YELLOW!!. I drove down there and low and behold there were 5 of the cutest puppies in the whole world. They were very fuzzy and I asked if they had any clue what they were mixed with. Of course they didn't know but they were thinking golden retriever because they had a reddish tint to there coats. They were very young there eyes were still a little cloudy but they were being weened. This was on a Wednesday and they lady told me if they were not all gone by Friday they would be executed. I just couldn't handle this so I definitely took one home. E got here early he was sooooo happy, I put here in his room and just let him find her.

Well the Pound has a rule that you have to spay and neuter any animal that you adopt. I am having a very hard time with this. Our Sweet Daisy is at the vet right now getting her womanhood taken away. We decided if we have to do it we need to do it while she is young so she wont have a hard time with it. I don't know if that is correct but the vet agreed so she is there right now. I couldn't take her so hubby did it. E is at his dad's for the weekend so she will be healed when he gets home.

We got snow today!!!! It is already melted but I did get to make a few snowballs this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love puppies! Jack and Zoe both had to get neutered (yes Zoe is a he :o). It's tough to imagine them in pain, but they're given puppy gas and they don't remember a thing. She'll be fine in no time!